NOMAD - media professionals' most versatile companion
NOMAD covers all the monitoring needs encountered in hybrid IP multicast, OTT and RF networks. It is the ultimate all-in-one monitoring and analysis solution for the technician on the move.
NOMAD is a breakthrough design with almost every conceivable interface for media signal monitoring and analysis. Featuring optical/electrical Gigabit Ethernet, ASI in/out, DVB-C QAM cable, DVB-T/T2 COFDM terrestrial, DVB-S/S2 satellite and external 1PPS GPS time-reference, NOMAD can analyse all RF transmitted DVB signals as well as OTT and multicast/unicast IP transmissions.
With comprehensive IP packet analysis tools, NOMAD is ideal for IP transport understanding regardless of media transported. NOMAD also is shipped with the ultimate in user friendly setup. The unit contains a Wi-Fi zone, and by pointing a laptop towards this, NOMAD is ready for use without further configuration.
As technologies become more and more complex, using Nomad will give invaluable insight into modern media signal behaviours without the need for deep operator knowledge of the media technology used. Cut from a single brick of aluminium, NOMAD sets a new standard for both finish and ruggedness. It is also of very light weight and is the perfect companion to a laptop.
NOMAD ships with extensive functionality for superior digital media understanding right out of the box. Additionally NOMAD has a substantial additional set of extended analysis options, enabling it to outperform the most comprehensive systems on the market in functionality. This also allows NOMAD to be an ideal laboratory tool for desktop analysis in the most demanding environments. NOMAD also sets a new benchmark of affordability in the industry.
Designed to replace old-school PCI cards, USB-based dongles and other laptop-dependent devices, NOMAD is a complete free-standing unit with its own CPU and can be left to monitor signals by itself without the need for a host system.
NOMAD features three Gigabit Ethernet ports. One of these is for management; one with a choice of optical or electrical; and a third optional electrical port, ASI in/out, DVB-C QAM cable, DVB-T/T2 COFDM terrestrial, DVB-S/S2 satellite and external 1PPS GPS time-reference.
The unit can analyse all RF transmitted DVB signals as well as OTT and multicast/unicast IP transmissions. With comprehensive IP packet analysis tools, NOMAD is ideal for IP transport understanding regardless of media transported.
- 10/100/1000T Gigabit Ethernet interface for video/data analysis
- SFP port for optical Gigabit connectivity
- Optional second Gigabit Ethernet port
- Web-based management interface optionally on all ports
- SSH/TELNET terminal
- Relay video multicasts to 3rd party targets using RDP
- Laser power received level for fault finding on SFP
- Provides 2.4 GHz Wireless Access Point service
- No setup - Nomad is WiFi Zone
- USB 2.0 IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 150Mbit/s dongle
- Supports DVB-S and DVB-S2 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK, GOLD CODES
- L-band input from 950 - 2160 MHz
- Symbol rate range between 1 - 45 MS/s
- 13V/18V/22kHz and DiseqC 1.0 capable for switch control
- High-end RF performance with constellation diagram and over 20 RF parameters
- Auto-scan feature
DVB-T/T2/C TERRESTRIAL & CABLE
- Supports DVB-T EN 300-744 and DVB-T2 EN-302-755 (v1.3.1)
- Supports ITU.T J.83 Annex A/C for cable networks (QAM16 up to QAM256)
- Frequency range: 43 - 1002 MHz. Bandwidth 5, 6, 7 and 8 MHz
- Channel Impulse Response diagram & constellation diagram for DVB-T/T2
- Offers GPS syncronization down to 0.1 us accuracy
- Allows absolute network delay in SFN/T2MI networks to be measured
- Allows absolute Center Frequency Offset measurements on DVB-T/T2
- ASI input according to EN 50083-9, Annex B
- Supports Burst mode, Spread Mode and legacy M2S
- Output selectable feed from ASI, DVB-T/T2/C or DVB-S/S2 input
- Up to 211Mbit/s incoming rate (linespeed ASI)